Wednesday, August 19, 2009

3rd rock from the sun

Why is it that we scroll through tens of pictures of people whose lives wouldn't pique interest if it wasn't a train wreck in motion. Social networks are the enabler for this addiction. Is it to make us feel better about our lives, or is it because the things they do are so absurd you have to look mulitiple times to make sure you aren't being punked. I scroll through peoples lives who I otherwise wouldn't care about just to see the product of their poor life decisions unfold before my eyes. It makes you want to show the pictures to little kids as a cautionary tale. I shouldn't be so judgmental, perhaps I'm an old soul, but it's like watching something that's so obvious to everyone else take place before us with such obvious repercussions. I'm not a betting woman, but if i were, I'd put all my chips in on this one. How is it, that some things are so transparent to most and completely opaque to others. It makes me question if we're all from the same planet.

Ok, I probably shouldn't judge other people.. it is wrong.. I guess people have to live and learn for themselves. Sometimes that can be like reinventing the wheel but then again, you only learn by doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment