Wednesday, August 26, 2009

2009-wish you could but can't forget

2009 hasn't been the best year. You can only ask why so many times. Why do bad things happen to such great people. Perhaps they have a higher purpose, who knows. Whenever a famous person is struck with a terminal or life threatening illness for some reason the same question always pops up in my mind. Would I trade my life with their famous life knowing that I would be struck with such tragedy? Seeing those you're close to or have been a part of your life at some point sick either temporarily or terminally makes you question life. Everyone has to go, but I'm not quite sure how I feel about life. Sometimes I think what's the point, if we're all going to go and no one knows when, why care about the little things or make an effort at some things. Then I think about how great emotions are bad or good. They make you feel alive. I love life, don't get me wrong, this year has just put me in so different positions and question a lot more than I had prepared to. Some people work their entire lives for what? The obvious question is money but really, sitting behind a desk all day to do some mundane task is hardly a way to spend your youth or any time for that matter. Maybe if you were making a difference in peoples lives it would be difference. There would be some redeeming quality in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment