Friday, July 31, 2009

It's got to do with it

So to pick up were I left off previously....

I've made a few observations in my 25 years. Actions and words are two separate entities. They say opposites attract but seeing these two converge almost never occur. There are people out there who say the words I love you to their beau yet show no sign of affection or appreciation. Then there are those that show a plethora of affection and appreciation yet can't utter the words for one reason or another. Both cases let ambiguity run ramped. OK, maybe that's a little extreme, but there's still that level of doubt. My thoughts are this. If you don't love someone, why give them lip service? Has I love you been throw around that easily? Has it become an out-of-habit phrase rather than a meaningful one. You betcha. Now how about those that can't muster up the words. Maybe it's because perhaps they don't love you. Or maybe it's because they are afraid. I dunno, I might side with the book on this one. He's just not that into you if he's not telling you he loves you. It's funny how extreme the spectrum is on this one. Some put all of their weights on this phrase and others let their side of the scale falter. The point is, if you feel that way about someone, say it. And make it count. And if you know that you will never love them for whatever reason, do them a favor and move on. Love is a wonderful feeling and should be shared and expressed. Life is too short to hold it in or waste it on someone who doesn't feel the same way.

I had this poem sounding more poetic in my head at work this morning, but it's 1am here and I'm exhausted so it's more like a stream of consciousness. However piece-ee it is, you all get the gist.

No comments:

Post a Comment