Sometimes, the lyrics of musical theater have a way of expressing my feelings better than I can. More succinctly anyway. For a year, I'm going to try to write in this everyday. So far, this has been one of the hardest years of my life. From deaths to feeling engulfed in uncertainty. So my best friend Cheryl gave me a great idea tonight. To blog about this year and what goes through the mind of someone in their mid-twenties. I know I'm not the only one facing these issues even though I walk around thinking I invented them so knowing that others have these feelings too make it so much easier. I'm not necessarily looking for answers because I know life usually unveils them when it pleases but maybe I'll find some clarity through this writing process.
I'm an expert at jumping to conclusions and seeking immediate satisfaction. Perhaps I'm continually faced with these issues because I haven't conqoured them yet. I tend to use the same tactics and surprise surprise get the same results. Sometimes I wonder if I'm stuck in this cycle because I don't allow myself to see things differently.
I'm a worrier for those who don't know me. Even though I know worrying doesn't do a damn thing, I do it anyway. I relate it to cigarettes. People know it's bad for them yet they do it anyway, it's addiction. Worrying is too, but without the slight high that nicotine provides. Everyone needs a purpose in life. I'm on the search for mine. Wouldn't it be great to intern at as many jobs as you wanted? Like a career taste test. That way even if you find your passion by doing it you can make a career change fully educated as to what you're getting yourself into. What does it take to be fulfilled?
No comments:
Post a Comment